- OK, MAYBE I got a little snarky... RT @RecruitLoop: [New Post] How To Fail at Hiring (Even with a Great Recruiter!) bit.ly/1eZJSoV 3 days ago
- RT @RecruitLoop: Nice writeup from UK Recruiter: RecruitLoop – a new platform for the future of recruitment? bit.ly/IFTKcb 4 days ago
- AWESOME They Wheely Need The Wine shar.es/DKnMT via @sharethis 4 days ago
- RT @Paul_Slezak: Today @jennsteele @RecruitLoop shares 9 Ways Not To Look Like a Clueless Hiring Manager bit.ly/1asgvXl 5 days ago
- I'm coming to the conclusion that we all treat 'what do you think?' questions at the end of blog posts as actual conclusions. #iamlazy 6 days ago
Can they actually be led?
My completely nitpicky pet peeves (humor)
June 6, 2011Posted by on
Dear fellow geeks, geek leaders, and other random people who read this blog:
This is not a useful post. This post, in fact, will show you how the inside of my brain works. It can be a scary, scary place sometimes. Also? This isn’t a rant. This is just nitpicky. Also probably brought on by lack of sleep. And it’s supposed to be funny, not cranky. So if you read it as cranky, oops.
Here goes. I hate it when you…
- Change the subject line of the email. I have multiple reasons for this:
- I don’t read subject lines. I also don’t read chapter titles, article titles, etc. I don’t know why. It’s weird. My husband makes fun of me for it. So I’m not actually going to SEE what you put in there for my cute little eyes to see.
- It breaks my email threading. I have a strange obsessive behavior that makes me adore my threaded email conversations. I cuddle up with them at night (no, not really. If you’re like me and don’t read titles, please go back and note the “humor” thing up top.).
So, gentle readers, what are your completely ridiculous pet peeves? (Other than being called “gentle readers”, that is. I think that one’s weird, but I’m still leaving it in there.)