- OK, MAYBE I got a little snarky... RT @RecruitLoop: [New Post] How To Fail at Hiring (Even with a Great Recruiter!) bit.ly/1eZJSoV 9 hours ago
- RT @RecruitLoop: Nice writeup from UK Recruiter: RecruitLoop – a new platform for the future of recruitment? bit.ly/IFTKcb 1 day ago
- AWESOME They Wheely Need The Wine shar.es/DKnMT via @sharethis 1 day ago
- RT @Paul_Slezak: Today @jennsteele @RecruitLoop shares 9 Ways Not To Look Like a Clueless Hiring Manager bit.ly/1asgvXl 2 days ago
- I'm coming to the conclusion that we all treat 'what do you think?' questions at the end of blog posts as actual conclusions. #iamlazy 3 days ago
Can they actually be led?
Jenn used to lead geeks in law firms. Then she decided to diversify and became a marketing consultant at HubSpot, a marketing software company. That gave her less fodder for this blog, so she recruited coauthors, who hadn’t posted in a year, so she finally took their pages down.
Then she moved to Seattle, and started working at Amazon.com as the Product Marketing Manager for Amazon Simple Email Service. After a year in the cloud, she moved over to Amazon’s SEO/SEM teams. This blog in no way represents the views of anyone at Amazon (for which they can all be truly grateful).
But after two years in a gargantuan company, she realized that she wanted to spend less time writing SQL and more time getting “stuff” done. She moved to the Bay Area and took at job as Head of Growth at RecruitLoop, a seed-stage startup that is disrupting the heck out of the recruiting industry.
She’s still obsessed with leadership, though, so she blogs on leading geeks.